Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Homework, and why it should be banned

Once, a long, long time ago, in a land far, far away, I went to college. I wanted to be a teacher, I studied hard and got good grades. I went to my field experience and fell asleep just like the students. I was a total True Believer, I knew that I would be a wonderful teacher.

Then I moved to Ohio.

And had children.

And enrolled one in elementary school. I realized that I had neither the creativity, nor the patience, to teach children. And when the homework came, I KNEW that I would have been the suckiest teacher that ever sucked.

Bug and I don't always get along. I love her, and she loves me, but if I dare try to teach her anything, I might as well be grinding my head into a cheese grater.

Today was a bad kidney day. I tried to lay down and rest as best I could, but as soon as I started to drift off, in that strange twilight of sleep that has your body feeling heavy and your mind slightly disoriented, Buddy would come wake me up. I tried to get him to nap with me, but he kept waking me up as I started to drift into blissful sleep. Then he said he wanted to play with his trains, fine, whatever, just let mommy rest!!!!!

a
nd so it came to be that Buddy was walking into my room every 3.5 minutes to wake me up. I got no rest.

I tried to work off and on, but it was just impossible. When SuperG got home, he put Buddy to bed (in his own bed.... I bet he still feels all cool and smug about it...(.hey pal, we all perform miracles from time to time....) He gave Bug her bath. Then I went to take my work back and ran to the store to buy snacks, as they both had snack duty at their schools coming up. I was gone for maybe 40 minutes. He was finishing up reading "The Lorax" to her when I got home.

They were done with her homework. DONE!!!! HOW did they get done so quickly? SHE WORKED WITH HIM!!! The little turkey! ARGH.

Then when get got done reading, he had a discussion about the book with her in Spanish.

Show-off.

Tuesday, 5pm

So I started this post in the middle of the night, when the Evil Clown could be heard muttering under my bed.

I hate insomnia.

Bug just got off of the bus. She had to "go to the wall" twice today, this is new terminology to me, but I'm assuming it was so she could flip her card to yellow and then to blue, which is not good. However, I started to giggle, because all I could see after I heard "go to the wall" was David Letterman in a velcro suit, sticking to a fuzzy wall. The best stunt ever. Ever.....




The best stunt ever



oh yeah, I still haven't gotten the whole story on why she went to the wall, but it was something about saying mean things to her classmates.

I'm sure that when she was born, they didn't do a good job of getting all the "products of conception" out of my uterus. Her owner's manual has never been found, and I really need it.

off to schedule my annual exam....

No comments: